Terms and Conditions
1. Our Website
- 1.1 Your use of this website and any service contained within constitutes acceptance by you of these Terms & Conditions.
- 1.2 Any reference to “you” refers to you as a user of this website.
- 1.3 Any reference to “us” refers to Algarve-Connections.com Ltd
- 1.4 Any reference to this “website” refers to the website address www.Algarve-Connections.com and such other locations where it may be hosted or featured where the entire website or elements of the website are hosted or featured by our partners.
- 2.1 You must be a minimum age of 18 to register with and use this website. Furthermore you must be able to enter into legally binding contracts. By registering and using this website you warrant that you are 18 or older, have the capacity to enter into contracts and understand your obligations under these Terms & Conditions.
- 2.2 You will not be eligible to use this website if you have previously been banned from using it and a ban is currently still in place, or where you have been suspended and a suspension is still in place.
- 3.1 As part of the registration process you will need to create an account, including a username & password. It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide is accurate, not misleading and relates to you. You cannot create an account or username & password using the names and information of another person or using words that are the trademarks or the property of another party (including ours), or vulgar, obscene or in any other way inappropriate. We reserve the right with or without notice to suspend or terminate any account in breach.
- 3.2 If for any reason you suspect that your username & password has been disclosed to or obtained by another party you should contact us immediately. Please note that we never contact users requesting them to confirm their username & password or other details.
4. Specific Rules Of The Site
- 4.1 As a user you agree not to do any of the following:
Advertise items in inappropriate categories on the website.
Advertise any item deemed inappropriate by us, see Schedule 1 below.
Breach any local laws with regard to items advertised or sold.
Use or harvest data provided by other users in a way that they would object to.
Use data provided by other users for purposes other than contacting them via the website.
Abuse, harass, threaten, stalk, defame or in anyway seek to violate the rights of another user or third party.
Encourage illegal activity or activity that violates the rights of other users or third parties, whether individuals or organisations.
Supply or post content or advertisements calculated to deliberately mislead other users or third parties, including content falsely made to appear from or be endorsed by us.
To pose as another user, third party or organisation or Algarve-Connections.com Ltd employee for the purposes of obtaining user or third party information.
To transmit or transfer any viruses, trojans, worms or any other malicious programs or code intended to spy on, gain control over, disrupt, destroy or in any other way impair any computer hardware or software or any other equipment.
Attempt to gain access to our servers or other equipment in order to disrupt, impair, overload or otherwise hinder or compromise the safety, security or privacy of any of the services provided by or relied upon by us and other users.
Reframe or repurpose the website or any content on it or remove or obscure any notices or advertising provided by us on the website.
Send junk or spam email or emails or posts promoting pyramid schemes, chain letters or any other activity that invites users and others to participate in wasting their time and/or money.
Use any robot, spider, scraper or other technical means to access the website or content on the website.
- 4.2 If you breach these Terms & Conditions by sending any unsolicited bulk email, (spam) or any other bulk communications to users your actions will cause harm to us and to the website. Such harm is difficult to quantify and as such you agree to pay us the sum of £50 for each and every individual email or other communication sent to a user or third party.
- 4.3 The above list is not intended to be exhaustive. We reserve the right to remove (with or without notice) content and suspend or terminate (with or without notice) the account of any user who in our sole judgment is in breach of the rules or the spirit of the rules.
5. Content Ownership
- 5.1 As a user you retain all ownership rights to content provided by you.
- 5.2 By submitting, posting or displaying your content on the website you agree to grant a non-exclusive royalty-free licence to us to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and distribute such content on the website. This allows us to place your content on the website and let all users, whether registered or not to view your content. It also allows us to compress or alter the size of any files you may post to ensure that they can be readily displayed or other users.
- 5.3 This licence is also royalty-free, which means that the content is provided free of charge to us and we will not pay for the content or account for any advertising revenue generated on the website or on any specific content pages.
- 5.4 This licence also applies worldwide because the website can be accessed from anywhere in the world, at any time.
- 5.5 Also as part of the licence you warrant that any content provided by you does not belong to a third party whose rights have been violated by the content being posted on to the website. Furthermore if any content is owned by a third party you agree to pay all royalties and damages owed to that party, without seeking any contribution from us.
6. Copyrighted Material
- 6.1 We do not condone or encourage in any way the posting of copyrighted or proprietary content or information by any users who are not the legal owners of such content.
- 6.2 Where notified of such breaches by the owner of such content we will remove the content from the website as soon as practicable. But only where we can reasonably ascertain the true owner of such content.
- 6.3 If as the owner of such content you believe that your rights have been infringed you should contact us as soon as possible and provide all relevant information in writing.
7. Content Monitoring
- Users can freely add content to the website. We do not monitor or assume any responsibility for content posted to the website. If at any time we decide to monitor the website on any occasion it does not mean that we assume any future responsibility for monitoring the website, removing any content or the conduct of any users.
- 8.1 The fee structure for using this website is a follows: Listing your property for the purpose of us advertising your property will cost £20 per listing. If you should choose to cancel your listing after it has appeared on our website this amount will not be refunded. We charge a fee of 10% of the total rental amount of the property rented out. With a minimum of £100 per booking.8.2 All fees must be paid in GB Pounds.
- 9.1 You are responsible for paying all taxes incurred from using this website and generating profits from such use.
- 9.2 We will cooperate fully when requested with all government agencies and bodies responsible for assessing and collecting such taxes.
10. Suspension Termination or Downgrading
- 10.1 We may suspend or terminate your user account and all content and materials associated with it at any time where these Terms & Conditions have been breached. Such suspension or termination can be with or without notice. As a user you can choose to suspend or terminate your account at any time and are free to remove any content you have created on termination.
- 10.2 It is our sole decision whether to suspend or terminate any user account. In the case of suspension it is also our sole decision was to when (or if) a suspended account will be reactivated.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the website is available and functioning fully at all times. However, we do not accept any responsibility for "down-time" or poor performance of our fileservers or where the website is unavailable for any other reason, whether within or outside our direct control.
- 12.1 We are not responsible for the accuracy of any content on the website, nor any advertisements placed on the website.
- 12.2 We are not responsible for any links to third party websites from the website and the inclusion of any link does not imply an endorsement of a third party website by us.
13. Limitation of Liability
- 13.1 Nothing in these Terms & Conditions excludes our liability for death, personal injury or fraudulent misrepresentation due to the negligence of us, our employees, officers or third party partners.
- 13.2 We shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including loss of profit.
- 13.3 We do not directly monitor advertisements, listings or transactions; therefore we cannot guarantee the following:
1. The accuracy of any advertisements or listings.
2. The ability of the seller to sell any item.
3. The ability of the buyer to buy any item.
4. Whether any transaction will actually be completed.
- 13.4 In any event our liability and that of our employees, officers and third party partners shall be limited in any 12 month period to the total website fees incurred by you in relation to the matter subject to the liability or to a payment of £100, whichever is the greater sum.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates and partners and their respective officers and employees harmless from any loss, fines, fees, liability or claim made by any third party arising from your breach of these Terms & Conditions whilst using the website or any other service provided by us.
16. No Agency
- Nothing in this agreement is intended to or implies any agency, partnership, joint venture, employee/employer relationship or any other similar relationship.
- The foregoing paragraphs, sub-paragraphs and clauses of these Terms & Conditions shall be read and construed independently of each other. Should any part of this agreement or its paragraphs, sub-paragraphs or clauses be found invalid it shall not affect the remaining paragraphs, sub-paragraphs and clauses.
- Failure by us to enforce any accrued rights under these Terms & Conditions is not to be taken as or deemed to be a waiver of those rights unless we acknowledge the waiver in writing.
19. Entire Terms & Conditions
- These Terms & Conditions set out the entire agreement and understanding between you and us. We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time, without giving notice to you.
- These Terms & Conditions shall be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
- 21. The Property Manager or owner means the user who has listed properties for rental in the Algarve-connections.com Ltd database . This is typically the owner but could also be an authorised seller or agent of the property.
- 22. We or The Website means this website which has published the properties from the Algarve-connections.com Ltd database
- 23. The Algarve-connections.com ltd is a provider of software to facilitate the online display, booking of and payment of holiday home rentals to the consumer and or holiday home manager
By clicking any checkbox you agree to the following;
- 24. You are not entering into a contract with Algarve-connections.com Ltd when you make a booking using the software that we provide. Instead you are booking directly with The Property Manager.
- 25.1 You understand that we do not always upload or maintain the information on the site and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
- 25.2 . As an advertising intermediary we do not guarantee the quality of accommodation or service and complaints in the first instance should be dealt with by the property owner or authorised agent. Should you be unable to resolve a dispute, we will look to mediate where possible.
- 25.3. You may well receive an email after your stay for the purpose of feedback and for future marketing and rating of property location and quality.
- 25.4 Providing you follow the payment instructions that we provide to you as part of our service in facilitating your booking you will be able to pay for your booking by credit card (or debit card GBP payments only). By doing so any refunds due to cancellations or any other reason with agreement of The Property Manager. If you make any payments to The Property Manager by any means other than what We provide as part of our service we will not be able to assist you if you need to recover any losses that may be incurred
- 25.5 In order to facilitate your booking we charge a credit card handling fee of 2.5% for Mastercard and Visa or 3.5% for American express (£3,€4 or $5 if you use a debit card) plus a booking charge as quoted on your booking quote which is non-returnable in the case of cancellation by you.
- 26 Changes to Site; Unavailability of Site.
We may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time, including the availability of any Site features, database, or content, where we have legal, commercial or technical reasons to do so. We may also impose limits on certain features or services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Site for similar reasons. There may also be times when the Site becomes inaccessible as a result of technical difficulties experienced by us or on the Internet. We will, however, use reasonable skill and care to overcome these difficulties where they are within our control. Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee continuous access to the Site or any of its specific features.
- 27. Release.
In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users (including, without limitation, any dispute between users regarding any transaction or user-contributed content), you hereby agree to release and discharge us from all liabilities, claims and expenses which arise out of or in connection with that dispute. We will use reasonable efforts to reproduce faithfully any photograph submitted, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage or harm otherwise resulting from any defect in this regard.
By submitting a photograph either electronically through the Site or by mailing a paper photograph to our offices, the member represents and warrants that (a) (i) it holds all intellectual property rights with respect to each submitted photograph, or (ii) it has secured from the copyright holder all rights necessary for the photograph to be used in an online advertisement, (b) that any people in the photograph have given permission for their likeness to be displayed in an online advertisement, (c) that the photograph accurately and fairly represents the subject of the photograph and has not been altered in any manner that would mislead a viewer of that photograph.